Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Elder Cody Holmes - comforting response!


Thank you for your love and support ! Sheryl

Here is Cody's email today.....

"I'm back in the world again! I'm sure most of you have heard of the situation with Honduras and its political problems. Well these last few days have been interesting with being on lockdown and everything. And the one thing that went through my mind this whole time was whether or not I would be able to see these people ever again or if I would have to finish my mission in some other place... What I realized is that I truely do have a love for these people and now that we've been let out to work again, it's given me hope that I can finish my work here where I belong. But who knows, anything could happen in these next couple of weeks. All I know is that whatever does happen, we're in the Lords hands and it's all in his wisdom. I really do thank everyone for the prayers that were given, every single one of them helped us out. Everything is great, it feels soooo good to be back out and working again!

I love you all!-Elder Cody Holmes

7 comments:

Heidi said...

My goodnes... thanks for the update! I am so glad he is so upbeat for what it could be. We lOve you Cody!

Jess Edling said...

What a strong example of faithfulness and a willingness to serve the Lord. GO CODY!

JandKWachFamily said...

Thanks for sharing....so glad they are okay despite the political woes. We'll definitely continue to pray for their safety!

Lisa Webb said...

That is great! glad he's so happy! Landon's here with me and when he saw the pictures he said "oh look it's cody!" now i'm pretty sure he was talking about our cody but isn't that sute he thinks a;; missionaries are his uncle cody! To funny!

Grammy Staffy said...

I am thankful that Cody is ok. I surely am praying that all will go well and he can continute his mission there. What a scary thing to go through. John said that there were semilar over throws when he was there on his mission. I quess that some things just don't get better down there.

I know that you will rest a lot easier when this all calms down. You have my prayers and best wishes.
Love, Lura

Violet said...

So glad to hear that he is ok!!!!

Kris said...

I'm glad he is doing well! My brother served in Honduras in '92 and had to be evacuated in the middle of the night after a month of lock down in his apartment. He finished his mission in Panama. Scary stuff! Our thoughts are with you! We will continue to keep your family in our prayers!